HE ballots: request a replacement

Support colleagues fighting back in FE!

How are personal injury claims conducted?

Our lawyers operate our personal injury service using a Collective Conditional Fee Agreement (CCFA).

Under this CCFA, which is a type of no win no fee agreement specially designed for trade unions, you will always receive 100% of the compensation which you are awarded, and you will not be liable for any legal costs should your claim fail.

However, in some cases the union will not be able to pursue your claim under a CCFA. This usually occurs where the claim you wish to proceed with is particularly difficult or complex, such as a stress related personal injury claim or a complex industrial disease claim. In those cases the union will consider funding your personal injury claim and any offer of legal assistance will be notified to you at the time.

It is important for you to remember, however, that even if the union agrees to fund your personal injury claim you will not be covered for your opponent's legal costs should your personal injury claim ultimately fail.

Back to UCU legal services FAQs